Saturday, December 15, 2012

Santa's Coming to My House!

I'm finally done!  I love this Christmas wall hanging! So bright! Cheery and RED, my favorite color!  I machined quilted it using swirls of wind and snow reminding me of my IL winters.

Finding fabric that I liked was more of a chore then I thought that it should have been.  But now I know of a couple more fabric stores to go to.  I embroidered the santa and trees in a brighter red then normal redwork is done.  Then came upon fabric at a far away shop, without the pattern notes on me, I bought 1/2 yd of each fabric.  Which was a good thing because when I pieced together the log cabin the directions were wrong?!  (Has this ever happened to any of you?? Not to me, until now)  I thought that I cut, pieced, sewed wrong, so I redid them again, only to find out that yes the directions were WRONG.  After swearing and complaining to my sister (thanks for listening Michelle) I figured out the math (yuck) and ended up trimming to fit the santa circle.  So without further a due here is my very much loved Christmas wall hanging (done just before mom and dad come :)
What became of the 24 wrong sized squares you might ask?  They are going to be reused as jar coverings for gifts.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
XO from NC

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails