Saturday, December 25, 2010

Olive doll for Emily

I whipped up an Olive doll as a last minute Christmas gift for our niece Emily (her favorite color is yellow). It was a lot more challenging than I anticipated and about halfway through I was sure this doll was out to get me. My seam ripper got tons of use and at one point the needle even fell out of the machine (seriously?!). But, for a last minute scrappy project, I think it turned out pretty darn cute. I’m looking forward to making the complete make-a-long set for Kaylee, although I’ll use wool felt rather than the synthetic that Emily’s Olive is made out of. The synthetic didn't stuff well and I know it will not hold up over time. It's too bad wool felt is so expensive.

1 comment:

  1. She's totally adorable - love it. These dolls are out to get us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails