Here's a few things I thought about yesterday that I wanted to share:
- sometimes its easier to sew pieces together if you place the lighter fabric on top
- if you're choosing to speed piece, meaning in strips, make sure you save enough fabric for the short and long pieces. Does that make sense? I've already run out of 2 colors because I didn't anticipate correctly. If you are following the original pattern link, you probably won't have an issue.
- When you press, sometimes its easier if you finger press the seams towards the darker fabric, and then follow with the iron
- sometimes its easier if you press from the front, and push the fabric away from the seam
- if you're using white fabric, for a nicer final product, press towards the darker fabric