Monday, November 2, 2009

another mountain to climb

I thought I'd update since it has been a while since my last post. As of now I have the front sewn together, I have chosen a backing fabric (flannel), I have decided not to add a layer of batting, I have decided to tie instead of quilt, I purchased the yarn for the ties and the satin binding.

I attempted to start adding the ties to the quilt last weekend, which resulted in utter failure. I'm not sure if the needle is too big or the yarn is too thick, either way, I couldn't get it to go through the quilt top. So, now I have a hole in the flannel where I attempted to add the first tie.

I'll be heading back to the craft store sometime this week to see if they have a suggestion about yarn/needle size.

If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to figure out how to quilt it without interfering with the patterns on the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails