Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sewing is therapeutic!


December was so busy that I didn't get much sewing done. Happily, we had Holiday Break and I was able to crank on the sewing machine.  First up, and I've mentioned it before, was my version of the Constellations quilt.  I used a Kona solid - charcoal black, with a heavy mix of batiks.  Below, the top square (left) is made with a 7-inch base for the 1/2 square triangles; the bottom star (left) is made with a 5-inch Charm Pack base. Final measurement on the top square was 25 inches (right).



The final quilt measured approximately 75" by 75". I just love!  I'll be teaching the class at QuiltPlay on March 5th and 12th, 10:30-12:30pm.


I've been wanting to make my Dad a shirt for sometime. So, I purchased a Craftsy video on shirt making.  And, yes, it was worth it.  Tricks and tips really helped and I will say proudly, he can wear the shirt inside out and you would never know, well, except for the buttons. It's one of the best made items I've ever done. And, I now love flat felled seams.  I used a walking foot for much of the sewing.


 Next up is the Stowe Bag.  I purchased the pattern from Wild Haven Fiber Co. in Milwaukee. And, I'll be teaching a class on Saturday, February 27th beginning at 10:30am. Both linen fabrics were purchased through Etsy but it's been a while so only the bee fabric is still available. These are the small versions. While they are perfect for a small knitting project, they could easily be used for other crafts, children's travel bags or play bags, or even a lunch bag.  The pattern was simple to follow and the bag are unlined but do have accessory interior pockets.



So, that's what I did on Holiday Break. What about you?  If you didn't make, did you receive a favored handmade item?


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE everything that you made! Your sew fantastic! HA. The quilt is calling to me and I can't wait to try it out. It will look perfect in the man cave. Black with bright colors! My kind of quilt! Great luck teaching your classes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails