Thursday, June 26, 2014

Namaste







So, I've been taking yoga since the first of the year. The typical mat bag holds just that - a mat. It's a tube shape with a zipper up the side and a handle. Carrying the required yoga strap and small blanket separately was getting to be a drag. I shopped for bags, but couldn't find what I wanted for what I was willing to pay.

I made a trip to Loomcraft where I chose this shiny plum upholstery fabric for the outside and a black and white damask print for the lining. I couldn't find a pattern that was just what I had in mind, so tried to combine a few. The measurements were just what I had in mind, but the order of my steps was a little problematic at the end. Fortunately it all worked out with much patience and a bit of cursing. In 20/20 hindsight, I could probably fix that if I tried again. I had some plum microsuede left over from another project, so I pieced that into the center of each strap to provide a bit of drag - the shiny plum would make very slippery handles that would fall off the shoulder of any piece of clothing. Added a small pocket on one side for cell phone, car keys, and the like.  A black tassel on the zipper pull. Good to go.

Yoga tonight. NAMASTE

1 comment:

  1. {heart} - and may i say i bow before public yogis- i cannot do it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails