Thursday, April 15, 2010

and for my next trick...

The baby's room is going to have a modern/nature theme with an orange, teal and brown color scheme. I'm planning on making a crib skirt, bumper and window coverings out of some great Amy Butler fabric I found online.

The wall behind the crib will have a mural of white trees over a brown background. So, one of the projects I'm working on is a bird mobile that will hang over the crib in front of the trees to add to the 'forest' feel of the room. I got the idea and pattern from the Spool website. I made the first bird tonight. Hand sewing is definitely not my strong suit, but my guess is that by the time I finish with 10 birds I'll be much better at it. P.S. if any of you would like to donate your talents to assembling a bird for the project, just let me know ;)


Here's a picture of what it should look like when it is complete.


2 comments:

  1. Are you going to make a bat too? The bat cracks me up!

    You have exceptionally good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be happy to make a bird or two! It's a very cute project. I still haven't checked my stash, but will get to it soon. What's your due date again? Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails