Tuesday, October 13, 2009

quilt squares

I finally got all of my quilt squares sewn together this weekend and the top is done. Now I just need to decide on a binding and backing. I'm working off of a different pattern (Happy Hour)than the rest of the group - I needed a pattern with bigger squares to compensate for the elephant fabric. I had a lot of trimming to do because the minky fabric was horrible to work with and the squares that included it turned out smaller than the rest so I had to trim all of them down to size. The batik star fabric also didn't seem to want to hold the stiches properly and bunched up a lot. But, it all turned out ok in the end. I even got most of the seams to line up when I sewed all the squares together in the final step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails